Turnout in dem precincts was a dismal 14%. I think next time I'll run as a Klingon, I'd have a better chance. What am I saying though? Running for office is almost as fun as banging one's head against a dead tree. Only it's more expensive.
I probably won't miss the meetings. Right now I'm just disappointed and kind of mad that 18 years of public service and fighting for the environment was so unceremoniously supplanted by party politics. However, the woman who replaces me is also an environmentalist and an educator, so I think she'll be a great addition to the board and continue to support Open Space.
And of course, now I have more time to make potholders, so there's that.
Speaking of which, behold the potholder collage created by a fellow Rockford College alum and master of the Addiverse. (Click on the collage to see the lifelike detail!)

I made her a Rockford College (purple and yellow) potholder to go with her newly acquired copy of the Pseudo Gourmet, and it appears it's been a life-changing experience. Not that one would expect anything different. Potholder #2 (also pictured) is for her (undoubtedly very patient) partner, known as "the wife," who, I might add, warmed the bench with me from time to time during our freshmen season on the college volleyball team. Boy did that suck. (The benchwarming, not the company.) We both went from starters in high school to scrubs (though she saw more game time than I ever did), so that was a rather rude awakening. As the shortest, youngest and spaciest member of the team, I always seemed to end up with the effing clipboard, which meant I was supposed to "keep stats" during the game. Yeah, whatever. I gotcher stats right here. Let's just say that record keeping took a serious dive in accuracy during the '82 season. I did some of my best doodling though. Masterful even. But I digress. Thanks for the stellar potholder documentation, Addi! I'm thinking future cookbook orders might all include a bonus potholder...while supplies last...void where prohibited...some restrictions may apply...objects in mirror are closer than they appear.
In other PP news, I have exciting developments to report! Stay tuned for the new Perky Potholder hybrid! Also more faces for the face blog. Who's got time for politics?!
No comments:
Post a Comment