
First, here is my high school friend Dara and her handsome son, Trent, modeling black and red attire to complement their new Dundee Cardunal* potholder. I liked it so much, I made one for myself.

Black and red were our school colors, so Dara got this bonus bit of fiber art with her cookbook. I'm thinking maybe a Perky Potholder should accompany every cookbook order (Addi's idea really) while supplies last...void where prohibited. Especially since I just ordered a buttload of new potholder loops with some Easter egg money.
*Car-Dun-Al = Carpentersville, Dundee, Algonquin...I think I was in college before I realized how the rest of the world spelled cardinal. Of course, I also thought Hawaii and Alaska were both off the coast of Florida, since that's where they were always depicted on the big classroom maps. It's an honest mistake!
The other exciting development is this new breed of hybrid potholder, which is woven from one loooong piece of flat wool-blend yarn-like stuff on one of my vintage metal looms. The only drawback is, like hybrid cars, these are expensive to make. I can only get 1.5 potholders out of one ball-o-stuff. So there's some careful splicing required and, well, like I said, the materials cost is a bitch. We've got R&D working on it though. In the meantime, Hoops will continue to ruin any attempts I make at documentation by wandering through my photos at inopportune moments.

That's a little better. Lenore gave me FOUR new skeins in my Easter basket. Sweet!

And then, I made this one. Plus three others that I haven't photographed yet. Film at 11.
man, those are some pretty fancy pot holders ya got goin' on there! You are my idol.
ReplyDeleteAs for Hawaii and Alaska....I feel your pain. Maps are mean that way. I was always worried about why Greenland was so big yet wasn't considered a continent. I must have asked every teacher I had from first thru 8th grade. No one ever had an answer. They just thought I was a freak. Who worries about Greenland?