
Order yours by the 20th and save 10% with coupon code zazzlepaypal. You should be able to customize to your liking, if you're so inclined. Click here to get to my Zazzle product page.
Also available...

Lenore is getting her strength back after surgery and appreciating help from my parents (dinners and making Walgreens runs); Dave, Kathy, and Joules (raking and bagging about 300 bags of leaves); Steve (for hauling bags into the garage before it rained); The Measuring Cup ladies (goodies!); and family (a delicious fruit bouquet and a tab at TMC for more goodies). The surgery staples come out Wednesday (see Laura's scar page for documentation!), and we hope to find out just what the heck caused this reoccurrence and how they plan to treat it. The pathology report has the doctor stymied. We're also hoping to get the treatment plan transferred out here to St. Joe's in Elgin, which will be much easier to deal with, especially during rush hour, bad weather, etc.

Lenore spotted many hospital faces during her week-long stay -- I suspect some of them talked to her whilst she was on morphine, but that's another story. Click here to see the full gallery of faces. Here's a face I saw when Lenore was trying to drink all the junk they make you choke down before surgery to "prepare your bowels."

Speaking of hospitals, Lutheran General may be a good one, but accessing it can be a real bitch. Not only is the hospital under construction, there is no way to get there without going through construction -- much of it seems to be a permanent feature of the road system. I've never been on these roads when they've NOT been under construction. But I digress. The other outrage is you have to pay to park there, which just peeves me to no end, especially since the parking is a good block away to begin with, and we're not talking a couple bucks. It's $9. WTF?! It became my personal quest to avoid paying these fees while I was there. In retrospect, it was probably therapeutic that I had something so stupid to be outraged about. I may not be able to conquer cancer (which I will not dignify with a capital C), but dammit, I can stick it to the man!
Day one Lenore had gotten her ticket stamped in the doctor's office, day two I had no cash and they don't take credit cards (again, WTF?), so the surly parking guy just sighed and let me out for free. (Score!) Day three I got out so late there was no one in the booth, and the gate was up, so I booked. I think you're supposed to put money in an envelope slot or some such thing. Yeah, that'll happen. Day four, so many people were trying to get out, they opened the back gate so I zipped out that way. Day five they wanted to charge me five bucks and I offered him three. The guy was baffled and said, "But it's five dollars." I said, "Well, all I got is three, so you can either open the gate or we can sit here all night and talk about it." So then he wanted me to fill out a form so they could bill me for parking there. So I carefully filled out the form. Let's just say Mary Queen of Scots is going to be getting a parking bill. Jerks. It's bad enough you have to be there in the first place without getting soaked to park your damn car. Not that I'm bitter.
In other news, I had to send back the German engineered bifocals, because they were impossible to see out of without getting nauseated. Now I have the old fashioned lined version, which allow me to see without throwing up, but they are also driving me crazy. Lenore thought maybe I should try bigger frames. They are fetching, aren't they.
WTF indeed! I'm so irritated they charge you for parking. I'm inclined to write a stern letter complaining about this injustice.
ReplyDeleteI just typed a heated e-mail to Purina because Scout got sick off their dog food. I demanded my money back and, supposedly, they're sending me a check for $20.
Writing angry letters makes you feel better and most companies seem to want to give you free stuff.
We're keeping you guys in our thoughts.
Laurie and Brant
Mary Queen of Scots! LOL!
ReplyDeleteMary Queen of Scots (possibly Mary Q. Scots?) spoke to the dateless and desperate group I was part of back through the Ouija board back in 1966 - but never once mentioned parking lots! Hope she pays up...Pat
ReplyDeleteI began to look forward to hearing all the different ways Paula outsmarted the parking attendants.
ReplyDeleteI did send an e-mail to the hospital complaining about this injusctice, but, oddly enough, I haven't heard back. I sent it to the PR office. I'm sure they're having brainstorming meetings as we speak to best address the issue with optimal strategy and maybe some focus groups as well. I know that's what we'd do here. (it's hard to type when you're rolling your eyes)
ReplyDeletethings are getting tough down here - they just started charging us for parking at MUSC this week. i might have drive to another city for my medical care to save on parking.
ReplyDelete- joan of arc
i have a "cancer sucks" pin made by the mom of a nurse that worked w/ me back in Feb. i like your choice of fonts.
ReplyDeleteDeleted previous comment cuz there is a huge difference in meaning w/ "my back" in that sentence.
Joan of Arc, LOL :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, you can customize the pin w/whatever color and fonts you like. We are all about full-service here at PPH.