So dad was finally sprung from the hospital with a new heart appliance implanted -- I think the jury is still out as to how much it's helping. We'll see...
While dad was inconveniently languishing, my birthday came and went. Lenore and I had Thai food and then went to see Forever Tango, which was excellent, and she also agreed to go kayaking with me on Sunday, which was also splendid. Sunday evening we had a dadless party with mom, Roland and Amy; it was an impressive haul by any standard. PLUS, there was pie! Homemade pumpkin from mom, wild blueberry from The Measuring Cup, and a bonus mini apple strudel pie from TMC for my birthday. Here are a few random pics...

My new system is to load all the kayak stuff into my bike trailer and ride to the end of the street, unload it (hiding it in the weeds if I'm by myself), ride the bike back and then walk back. It's only a block and actually easier than trying to carry everything on my head, even though the little old lady across the street says she likes watching me struggle with my boat, paddles, etc. as I weave my way to the river with the boat on my head and everything draped over my arms and back. She'll just have to find some other way to entertain herself!
Lenore took a coffee break along the way. Only Lenore brings coffee in a kayak.



Saturday Lenore bought some more Halloween decorations at the Farmer's Market (shown here having breakfast at the pie shop).

We had them adorning my yard sign initially, but they're actually VERY bright and kind of lit up the whole street (!), so now one's at her house and one's at my house. What should we name them?

And speaking of pantyhose...
A few weeks ago, I had some minor flooding, though nothing like the sewage flood from hell of past. This was just rainwater that had leaked, I think, from my chimney into the basement during one of the many torrential downpours we had recently.
Unfortunately, the water ran into the middle of the room instead of into the sump pit, so Lenore and I created some sand snakes out of pantyhose to divert the flow. I think this is a much better use for pantyhose than actually wearing them. Hoops was a little freaked out initially, but now she's accepted the snakes as part of the decor.


How's that for random?
No comments:
Post a Comment