10/30/08

And now for something really scary...


My department at work decided to go Goth this year for Halloween. Unfortunately, the party committee at work scheduled Halloween for today instead of Friday, which is kind of dumb and also makes for an interesting trip to and from work. I think my favorite accessory is the tattoo sleeves. In fact, I may just wear them all the time now. I got the dress at the new Dundee thrift store and restyled it (with scissors). The boots were donated by Lenore. Amazingly, this is an extremely comfy outfit. The fishnets are cotton and very stretchy, and the dress is like pajamas. I may be on to something. I'm including the full group shot because I think the variety is amusing. My boss had a meeting to go to, so she adopted a "soccer mom goth" look. Molly and Jesse are "grudgingly goth," Hua is...I don't know what. Her concession was wearing the choker over her turtle neck and, after much cajoling, allowing us to put black lipstick on her "just for photo!" We had scheduled a photo shoot yesterday for some new faculty members, but then they cancelled, so we put the studio to good use.





I have to include this one too, because it cracks me up. Someone said, "OK, strike a pose," so Donna pretended she was on the phone (?!). It's "how may I help you goth"! As an aside, Donna made a festive Halloween punch in which she floated frozen hands (made from cranberry juice frozen in vinyl exam gloves). I highly recommend this for your next party.



When we were walking back from lunch, a passing co worker said, "Oh, how cute!" and I was all, "We are NOT cute, we are DISENFRANCHISED!" I think it may have frightened some students, but I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment