5/12/08

Speaking of Faces...or was it Aliens?



When I was a mere child, my friend, Laura, and I created all sorts of fantastic works of art in this tiny little alcove in my parents' house, a space we creatively dubbed "the workshop." I think the prior owner used it as a workspace for his engraving business. Anyway, one little project was this family of aliens created out of paper scraps, glue, and my mom's (illegally pilfered) pinking sheers. The aliens had been unceremoniously tacked to the wall and subsequently abandoned for about 34 years until my mom decided to frame them and give them to me for my birthday. Aren't these hilarious? They're now hanging in my bedroom, and I giggle every time I look at them. Click the photo to see the highly coordinated names.

4 comments:

  1. These look like excellent Pixar characters. Perhaps Disney can create a movie using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or a Christmas competition topic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinking shears!
    pk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Thanks Pat! PINKING shears, correction made!

    ReplyDelete