
Lenore and I went to Chicago to see the taping of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, the NPR News Quiz, on Thursday night. As with the past two times we've done this, we leave with sore sides from laughing, so it's truly an enjoyable evening. Also, on the way in, there were not one but two guys on the train dressed like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, so that was kind of entertaining too. I'm not sure if they knew each other, but I kind of hope so, because otherwise, that would just be weird. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo, so you'll have to take my word for it.
In addition to shots from the show, I have a lot of pictures of this woman's giant head.

We were able to get everyone's autographs and some pictures too. I didn't get a photo with Peter Sagal this time, but Peter's dad was in the audience, so I did get Peter's dad's autograph, so that was fun. I think his dad was pleased to be included in the celebritydom of the evening. Unfortunately, Paula Poundstone wasn't on the panel this week, but Tom Bodett was, and I really wanted to see him. Up until last night, I only knew him by voice. My unabashed assessment is: damn, he is HOT! I wonder if he can cook. Anyway, he can leave the light on for me ANYTIME.


I just started Adam's book -- he was very funny on the show, though I've never heard him on the show when he's not. When he was signing my program, I asked him for a picture and he was all, "sure," and I said, "great, can you take a picture of me and Lenore here?" which he seemed to think was pretty funny (or maybe he was just being polite). He said, "you'd be surprised at how often that happens to me."

I don't know too much about Kyrie O'Connor, but she definitely adds levity to the show. Plus, she had this on her web site, which I am TOTALLY going to try!

Last but not least, we got to chat a moment with Carl Kasell. Having his voice on my answering machine (the much-coveted prize from the show) would be so cool. You can hear some of the recordings he's done here.

Next time we go, it'd be neat to see Mo Rocca.
No comments:
Post a Comment