
Lenore and I participated in the Memorial Day Parade, with Lenore driving her "wind-up" Mini and me walking (to save on gas) for the Dundee Township Visitor's Center. Bill and I carried the sign (which almost carried us away, because it was quite windy), proving, as Kim noted, that Republicans and Democrats really can work together! Lenore took a picture to document this fact. She also documented my cool (stolen from her) shades, which I think look quite fetching.

The parade route is only slightly longer than the St. Patrick's Day parade route -- i.e., if there are many more entries, the parade won't have enough room to actually move.

We also bought several wagonloads of plants and flowers at the farmer's market and a sweet plant stand, which will house the herbs on my back porch. It took several trips to transport the haul. Could we have driven, yes, but I think we can get more into the wagon than the Mini. Plus the pie shop is on the way when we walk, so there's tasty inspiration to make the extra trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment