4/6/08

And it Only Took 17 Hours!

A while back I embedded a funny YouTube clip from Shrek to further illustrate a Starbucks scandal I was reporting about on this here blog. But, alas, the clip got pulled from YouTube. Thus began my quest to convert and upload my own film clip, which, it turns out, is no easy feat (unless of course you're 12 and know what you're doing). After a series of technical support e-mails with Laura, a couple of queries to teenage YouTubers, 3 shareware downloads, a DVD from Elke and about 17 hours of conversion time (really, it took most of a Saturday!) I actually figured it out. All this effort so I could repair an old blog posting that no one will probably ever read again (hint, it's in January '07). But it's the principle of the thing I tell you! In the interest of "fair use," which allows for the use of short excerpts in parody and/or critique, I present said clip, which still makes me giggle (that's my critique). Notice how the customers flee from the "Farbucks" under attack to another one directly across the street. One guy is still drinking his coffee as he's running.



Another cute detail I noticed after watching this clip several times is the patch job on Gingy's legs. Those familiar with this movie will recall that in an earlier scene, Gingy's legs got broken during a brutal interrogation. Here you can see they've been repaired with some additional decorative white frosting stripes. It also dawned on me that little Gingy looking huge in proportion to the tiny castle in the distance provide's Shrek's inspiration to have the Muffin Man create Mongo.

No comments:

Post a Comment