2/4/08

78, It's the New 60


Mom's birthday was a tad overshadowed by dad's little "procedure," but we did go for sushi and had some healthy carrot cake for dessert. Mom and lenore played it safe with salmon and chicken, but Odie and I ate the good stuff. Odie had "Dragon Black," which I will order next time I go, because it was fantastic. I had a platter of three different sushi rolls, which were also really good.


No, she's not falling face-first into the cake, she's putting all that hot air to good use blowing out candles!(One puff was all it took.)





Speaking of surgery, don't scroll down if you're squeamish -- I'm posting a picture of dad's bypass scar. I think the surgeon needs to use a ruler next time -- it's pretty squigly! My mom commented to dad this morning, "gee, you've got the body of a 20-year-old, you're all flat stomached and svelt." And my dad replied, "Yeah, 'til I lift my shirt up, then I've got the body of King Tutankhamun!"

OK, here's the picture. Don't say I didn't warn you!

1 comment:

  1. I scrolled down but I did not click to enlarge.

    Mmmm, sushi! is it lunchtime yet?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete