
School was closed today due to the icy weather, so Hoops and I took full advantage of the opportunity to sleep late and putz around the house. I made muffins, carrot colored pasta (pictured above), soup (with the noodles), and finished my German final. And I got a big box of clothing donations packed up forAmvets. I wish time would fly by this fast when I'm at work.
There have been some exciting developments on the potholder front. I went to the little knitting store in town and bought some delicious yarn with which to weave some squares. The lady was very intrigued by my plans. Or she was just humoring me. The thicker yarn makes for a less doily-like outcome. Instead I have afghans for all the mice that seem to think they belong here.


It becomes more and more obvious that I would never make it in the Amish world, but I'm still pleased with my yarn squares. I think my mom will be able to figure out a way to sew them together. So then I'll have even BIGGER squares. Lynda has suggested branching out with a Delightful Doily line. It is a distinct possibility. And the weaving part is oddly satisfying.

I've received a couple more pet photos -- it's not too late to enter! You have until Friday to send your entry. With the prospect of winning a mouse afghan before you, how can you wait any longer?!
Have you seen these? I know they're not potholders, exactly, but they have "ette" in their name, what more could you want?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.weavettes.com/
Oooo! What a fun site! Thanks for sending and for your other comments as well. :)
ReplyDelete