
I went to Savannah for an NCMPR conference and managed to book my flight home through DC, where I met Lenore and spent the weekend helping Laura ring in her 50th birthday, a good hair day, and the release of the new Harry Potter book. Laura was glad to have her birthday overshadowed by Harry and hair – both also reasons to eat cake in my book.
I arrived in Savannah Wed. morning and had the whole day to myself, so I walked all over the historic district, searched for Tommy, and eventually (though it wasn't easy – it was like "where's Waldo" in the garden of good and evil!) found Tommy in time for lunch the next day.

Here are a few pictures of Savannah for your viewing pleasure.
This is where Tommy wasn't, but his office is in there somewhere. The ladies he works with now think he has a stalker.

I like that ghosts know exactly where they should go (the arrow says "haunted house.")








This was the most amazing peach bread pudding...thanks to Sandy for recommending the Firefly Cafe! It was worth the walk (did I mention it was about 98 degrees in the shade that day?).

This is the second snack I had on my way back to the hotel at the Gryphon Tea Room.

One more cute shot of Tommy :) Those are cinamon rolls in the box -- I wonder if Sandy ever got one?

Friday my flight to DC was actually on time and relatively pleasant, not counting the overzealous security agents who were VERY alarmed by the pen in my pocket. The five different chargers, dvd player, cell phone, various hair gels and bottle of water I forgot to take out of my bag, those were all OK though. They didn't even need to see them. Apparently, it's pens that are a threat to friendly skies. Make a note of it.
Laura got a lot of lovely gifts, including a deluxe perky potholder. Note the sumptuous red velvet cake made by Austin in this picture. It was served with a side of delicious poppy seed cake made by Ingrid. Now that’s how you serve cake!

Here is Laura not looking frumpy in her new Crocs, which Joe helpfully wrapped and gave to Laura to bring to her own semi surprise party at Lyla and Tracy’s. Lyla ordered about 73 pizzas, which we ate with a variety of salads and beers.

Austin and Shelly also composed a touching melody in Laura’s honor. I’m going to assume it will show up on Laura’s blog soon if it’s not already there.
A few other shots…me relaxing in Laura and Joe’s hip chair in their hip crib and me with my new replacement phone that Lenore handily provided after I realized I had left my cell phone behind at Lyla and Tracy’s. It matches my new couch!

Wow am I ever hungry after reading this :) Good looking people and good looking food.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I love the southern decay and southern sweets.
ReplyDelete