
So we did an overnight in Madison last weekend, mostly to go to the big farmer's market. It was much tamer than our last visit, which was over a Halloween weekend. We ate a lot of baked goods and took pictures of all the pretty vegetables. Isn't that as it should be?



These are emu eggs.

The market goes all around the capital building. You can only walk one way, because the crowd gets so thick. I love wandering through the capital -- it's got really neat architecture, and you can go to the top and look out over the city. Also, the bathrooms are very clean and, if you climb enough stairs, private!


I like that the supreme court is presided over by a badger.


We also ate at Kabul, one of our favorite restaurants on the main drag. It's Afghanistan and Mediterranean. I love their soup, which is documented below.

No comments:
Post a Comment