3/1/07

Um...


I was on my way home from a meeting last night and saw this. One too many alcoholic snow cones perhaps? It's all well and good 'til somebody loses a torso, people! I like to point out that East Dundee has all the bars, while West Dundee has all the churches. East Dundee town motto: "If you're going to hell, you might as well be buzzed."






OK, so here's the latest batch of potholders that YOU COULD WIN, some of which were crafted with 100% cotton loops from a new source. It's a limited edition run, because I wasn't crazy about the color selection ratios, but they do make nice unmelty potholders (apparently some of those poly-cotton loops have not held up well to extreme temps -- Perky Potholder quality control specialists advise that you NOT handle molten lava or attempt to forge horseshoes with your Perky Potholders. All potholders come with a money-back guarantee of course, just fill out the appropriate paperwork and send it along with $7.42 and a moon rock).


How do you win? Well, currently you can post a comment containing a favorite movie line and the movie title, which will automatically qualify for one of several drawings taking place now and again. Winners will be notified by carrier pigeon (they love carrying potholders, those pigeons!). Be sure to identify yourself if you don't have an account, otherwise you come up as "anonymous."


Coming soon... 100% wool potholders! Guaranteed to work in volcanoes! Also, don't miss the results of my ebay shopping excursion for more loops! Eight bags!! (But they haven't arrived yet and I'm beginning to worry...I've been having mail issues, including my Neflix DVDs that someone in my neighborhood is getting by mistake AND WATCHING (!!!) thanks to my careless mailman. What's up with THAT?! Yesterday I found in my mailbox an obviously opened and taped back together Netflix envelope that had been missing for over a week. I can't get behind that. Or maybe the mailman is watching them. I'm going to have to start ordering more foreign films about feminism.

6 comments:

  1. from "Snatch":
    - Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?

    Will add more later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get up Trinity, Get UP!
    -from "The Matrix"
    inspiring words needed @ 5:30 A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Toot blurt rattle trap! Drop dumb fredenhaus stickelfifah!"

    - from A Christmas Story, 1983.

    Pat K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.

    From - the blues brothers

    It's such a classic line,you have to love it!
    joules

    ReplyDelete
  5. from "Addams Family Values":
    - Gomez: [to Fester] You'll meet someone. Someone very special. Someone who won't press charges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary: George Baily, I'll love you 'till the day I die.

    from "It's a Wonderful Life"

    ReplyDelete