
We had fun showing off our wind-up Minis in the St. Patrick's Day parade. Lenore's new neighbors Seleena and John have a red Mini, so they joined our convoy. It was fun to hear people laugh and comment about the "wind up toys" as we went by.
Here of course is a Mini wannabe. It's so cute witness the earnestness of these car owners who just want to fit in. Bless their hearts.


Shortly after this shot of the parade in progress, we reached the end point and veered off to head back home. The car club behind us must have thought the parade was continuing, because they followed us all the way to Lenore's house. I'm not sure if they were as amused as we were, but it was fun having our own little private parade.
Here's one more fun car picture...

Speaking of faces, Cora won the "most chocolate on your face" contest at Roland and Amy's party. I'm not sure what possessed me to suggest it, other than it sounded like a good idea at the time.

After the parade, Lenore and I went to the Mini dealership to check out the fundraiser they were having to raise $$ for kids' Cancer research. Our Mini Midwife, John, and others raised over $17,000 in pledges. They in turn had their heads shaved that day. Unfortunately, I didn't get John's picture because I was too entranced by this pimped out Mini. There was a somewhat more subdued blue one outside -- note the cute wheels (upper left of the photo). We drove the new 2007, which was SWEET. John said the whole car is different (and so is the price, yikes!) I'm not sure I like it better, but it was fun to test drive. I should have taken a picture of the new dashboard and do dads inside. You'll just have to go drive one yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment