3/5/07

Almost Famous!

Shout out to Pat's daughter Brynne who linked me to her way advanced knitting blog. It's blogs like this that keep my potholders in the comical genre of all things homespun and also make Martha WISH she could knit like this. But that's OK, I'm content with my place in the crafting universe because I know Karate, so I could still totally kick Martha's ass if I had to. Only I'm not supposed to use my powers for evil. But I could. If I had to.

I was going to do a potholder drawing last night, but Hoops seems to have suffered an alien abduction and was compLETELY freaked out, so I spent the evening trying to calm her. I think she's seeing dead people. Seriously. Instead of her usual greeting when I got home, I found her hiding in the basement rafters. Then when I carried her upstairs, she was all comando-like and slinking around with her belly low and her tail twitching like she had never been in the house before. She kept looking off into other rooms and jumping at every little noise. Really strange. When I let her back out into her quarters, she just stared through the door to the basement like she was afraid to go in. Does anyone have any kitty Xanex?

Xena, on the other paw, is the picture of relaxation as she embarks on another high-energy workout. She's such an inspiration. And never without her trusty water bottle of gin.


(*&%#$!, I *still* haven't gotten my new supply of potholder loops! So now my mailman is watching my movies AND making potholders! Dammit.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Hoops! Maybe she just needs some catnip instead of Xanex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea -- she loves catnip! But I have to administer sparingly, cuz she's a mean drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps she saw her boyfriend Wolf roaming the backyard with another feline :( I've only seen Xena upset once and it was Hoops that was invading her house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoops was obviously spooked by something,
    maybe one of those drunk zombie snowmen that have been terrorizing East Dundee. I hope she's better.

    ReplyDelete