
There are advantages to driving a cute car. I think people have an emotional response when they see a cute car get hurt -- kind of like seeing someone kick a puppy. It's just not tolerated! So when some jerk backed into my Mini in the parking lot and drove off, an outraged student who witnessed this crime against cuteness whipped out her notebook and wrote down the license plate number. Then she stomped into the security office and made a report. She was reported to have exclaimed, "Someone just backed into a cute little yellow Mini and drove off! He can't get away with that!" Would a big old ugly Chevy elicit such a response? I wonder. Anyway, I made her a potholder (yellow with white stripes to match my car) to thank her for sticking up for The Ducky (my friend Laurie said she always thinks of a rubber ducky when she sees my car...I like it!). I also bought my Samaritan a cafeteria voucher so she can have some between-class snacks or lunches on me.

Oh, and the police did track the guy down. Turns out he was picking up a van that the college had rented from Enterprise! What a dufus. So Enterprise will pay for the repair and you can bet I'm gonna insist on a damn good rental car while The Ducky is in the shop! Fortunately the damage wasn't too bad -- it's just a hassle. Also, even though I wasn't even in the car, this incident could cause me to lose my "super preferred" discount on my car insurance! I just can't get behind that! Here's a shot of the damages.
Hey, Just visiting. When did the damage happen? Speaking of dufuses, did you hear about the bank robber who demanded money on the back of his pay stub that he handed to the bank clerk?They should save that for a scene in the the "Dumb & Dumber" sequel.
ReplyDeleteSee you Tuesday, unless I get extra bored and come in on Monday. Nah, not that bored. Plus, my dentist found a cavity (he loves when I eat Christmas fudge and peppermint!) so I'll be gettin' a filling on Monday. See ya Tuesday.