The Monsters of the Midway are going to the Superbowl! Yay, woohoo, blah blah blah.
Really, I could give a rat's butt about football, but big brother (my big brother, not the George Orwell one) loves his Bears, so I made him a potholder, which Hoops would like to give him for Christmas. Plus, I have to admit, it was Odie's Chicago Bears baseball hat that prompted a fellow traveler to (jokingly) ask, "Hey, that guy's wearing a Chicago Bears hat, is that your brother?!" when we landed at Tampa Airport in December. Odie was working our flight and happened to glance up in time to see me framed in the tiny airplane window bouncing and waving like a kid. The lady next to me got caught up in the excitement (not that she had a choice) and waved too. I'm not sure why he pretended not to know me. (Kidding!) He also made sure he gave us a thumbs up from the tarmac when we were on the way home too, after very sneakily surprising me and Lenore with an upgrade to first class. Flippin' SWEET! I may make him TWO potholders! It pays to have a brother who's good with the laydeeeze, especially when said ladies are gate agents. Nuff said! Except he's fun to go out to eat with too, not only because the boy loves his food, but because waitresses tend to fall under his spell. It's just uncanny, mostly because I don't think he even knows he's doing it.

So, anyway, speaking of movies, I made these whilst watching A Love Song for Bobby Long. It was sort of a new pattern. Maybe I'll call it Bobby Long. Or not. Got any other ideas? You know the prize will be fantastic!
And speaking of prizes, the judging has commenced and final tallies are in for the prior naming contest. We (and by we I mean me and Hoops) could wimp out and say it was a three-way tie, but that would be anticlimactic, don't you think? But I do like all the entries, which were:
Ants on Acid Farm, by Cathy in Gulfport, FL
The Melting Pot(holder), by Lynda in Charleston, SC
Kaleidoscope (or Kaleidoscope Karisma), by Mom in
W. Dundee, IL
What I did was lay the names on the floor, and whichever one Hoops sat on was the winner. And the winner was...
Ants on Acid Farm!!
Her explanation was, "It looks like farm fields laid out to me but they are small, so the ants must have farmed those fields...and the multi color could only mean one thing...they were on acid."
Thank you all for playing, and remember, the decision of the judges is final, void where prohibited, objects in your mirror are almost always behind you.

No comments:
Post a Comment