
Literally and figuratively. How pathetic is my life when I get such a thrill out of fixing my porch light, which has been bugging me for years. A lot of years. And no, I didn't actually install the light or touch wires, I just replaced the stupid glass part that goes over the bulb. But in my defense, it involved a ladder, a measuring tape and the need to drill holes into the actual metal so that I could put screws through the holder thingee in order to hold the glass up.

I'm not sure what was there before, maybe nothing? I just know the bare bulb had finally gotten on my last nerve. And it only took one trip to the hardware store. That's a success.
Look, here are my newly exchanged cross country ski boots, which I have yet to be able to actually wear on real skis in the snow, because THERE IS NO SNOW.

The meager snowfall we had did afford opportunity to snowshoe and try my new skis (which I love) and boots (which I didn't love). I discovered these new boots, purchased last season from L.L. Bean, were not going to work. They did allow for blister-free skiing, which meant a substantial savings in band-aids, but they hurt across the top of my foot...and that sucked. Thankfully L.L. Bean has the most consumer-friendly return policy ever, even if their politics blow. So back they went for these. Which still have the tags on and are gathering dust.
No comments:
Post a Comment