8/18/11

Flash Mob!

Today was convocation day at MCC -- which meant free food, a free shirt, and a belly dancer. What's not to like? This was the first time we held convocation, and, though I was initially cynical, I have to say it was a great time. I got to participate in a flash mob dance, write a skit for our branding campaign, write and help direct a funny video (which will hopefully be put on YouTube soon) and ... did I mention the free food?



I put most of my pictures on Facebook, but here are a few of my favorites from the dance and the skit. We did the same dance that was billed as the largest flash mob ever (?) on the Oprah show to the Black Eyed Peas. The Oprah version was kind of cool, because it started with one crazy woman, then eventually the entire crowd was dancing the same dance. I think ours was the largest ever done at MCC. Haha.







This is the only shot where I can be seen flashing...dancing...flash dancing. Or is it flash mobbing? Moves like Jagger, no?


(just added!)
Someone did tape the event, so hopefully this will stay up on YouTube despite the use of copyrighted music. We started it off kind of the same as Oprah, with one person suddenly starting to dance, then slowly everyone joins in. What we lacked in coordination, we made up for in enthusiasm.



This is my boss, Christina, and Jay Geller, who teaches theater and speech, during the skit. It's kind of a long story why Jay is dressed as a cow. Suffice it to say, though, it was a hit, and Jay gets the "other duties as assigned" award...for the decade.


No comments:

Post a Comment