12/14/10

Dickens 2010



The wind-up Mini Coopers made another appearance in this year's Dickens parade. They're always a crowd pleaser. This year we had snow falling, which added a nice bit of atmosphere. For the record, heaters in these cars still suck. Luckily my co-pilot, Grayson, was well fueled on Skittles (there may still be a few rolling around in the car). Pam and her co-pilot Jaelyn drove Lenore's car. Lenore watched the parade and took pictures with her neighbor. Before we got rolling, Grayson asked if the fans would be on both sides of the street. :) Fans -- I like that. We both threw caution to the wind and illegally threw candy from the car, which parade organizers frown upon. It was worth the risk. We had full-sized candy leftover from the visitor's center; I think Grayson may have almost put someone's eye out, but it was all in good fun.






In other Holiday news, I actually put up a tree and hung a wreath. I know, alert the media. I can't promise this stuff won't all still be up/out come March. My tiny tree is on a little corner table, over which hangs the tree skirt. Hoops loves this arrangement, because it makes a little tent, which is in turn nicely warmed by the baseboards. I seldom see anything but her little tail poking out these days. I've also been running a space heater (set very low) on her porch in an attempt to keep my Rosemary plants alive through the winter. So far so good, though I haven't gotten the electric bill yet, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Update: My last bill was over $100 (!!), so the damn plants are on their own. Actually, they are being fostered elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment