
I just thought this was a cool snowglobe.
Due to some changes and other stuff going on in my life, I was going to scrap this blog altogether. But then what would my three loyal readers do with all their spare time? So, in keeping with the (soon to be) new year, I'm following in the footsteps of Madonna and Cher and reinventing the blog, complete with a one-word name and a facelift. The rest...well, that'll pretty much stay the same. There'll still be potholder reports, the occasional lame-ass contest, and narcissistic updates on what's happening in the life and times of yours truly. In other words, I've left my diary open ... again.
So first up is a potholder report, because there was a record-setting flurry of weaving going on, and the results were stunning. Not all were captured on film...er...electrons (?), but trust me, they were awesome.

Someone, who shall remain nameless because she hasn't signed a waiver, was very excited about creating this lovely potholder. It's possible the student has surpassed the teacher. The rest of the proof was, unfortunately, not documented. Yet.





Christmas potholders for June (not the colors, just the fact that they are for Christmas -- the colors are for her house...just so we're clear.)

I can also report that Library Springs still offers a great winter walk, though I think possibly the little tree that the Township planted for me has been eaten by deer. I can't find it anywhere.

Last but certainly not least, sweet dreams and happy trails to sweet little Xena, who left us earlier in the month. She was a special cat and a great comfort to her mom -- she will be missed.


(Xena liked to get in a workout every day...)
First of all, Godspeed Xena.
ReplyDeleteI immediately wondered what the hell Albernheit meant. Being as there is not one ounce of German in me and as I don't eat bratwurst, I consulted with the wife (who happens to be 3/4 German and eats a LOT of bratwurst). She didn't have a clue. As always, a visit to the Internet answered my question. Uber-appropriate, pot holder grrrrrl.
Thank the pot holder gods that the perkiness AND this blog will remain. Happy holidays!
Backatcha! What did we ever do before "the google"?
ReplyDelete