9/3/09

Hangin' With Paula


Poudstone that is, not me. I hang with myself all the time, and, admittedly, it's not all that exciting. Paula Poundstone on the other hand? Hilarious.

This is the only photo I managed to take during the show. I don't have a good history with local theater bouncer types. People around me could be using giant flashing Polaroid cameras (POOF! WIRRRRRRRR!), but the minute I stealthily try and snap a little picture, they're on me like a cheap suit.

Anyway, Roland, Amy, Lenore and I had a splendid dinner at the Public House (that L is important), then went to see Paula at the Woodstock Opera House. I love that theater because it's so tiny and intimate. We chatted a little w/Paula after the show and Roland took this picture for me. I like it. Paula's very tall.



Lenore was a real trooper given that she had just gotten home from the hospital THAT day after having surgery on Friday. This was a non-taking-things-out kind of surgery, but still, there was cutting and needles involved. She spent the next day on the couch for the most part, except when I dragged her out of the house for the two hours spent at my next-door neighbors for fabulous chicken tacos and pretty drinks.



We were joined by Tora, Hoops' twin sister from a different mother, and did I mention the pretty drinks? Mine's the cute one on the right, because I was driving.



Also I harvested my giant beet. Tim the farmer guy from the market said if it got too big, it would be like trying to eat wood.








This is my new bookcase stereo I got from Amazon. I'm not crazy about the silver accents, but I'm getting used to it. It was very hard to find a little stereo with a cassette player (this one actually has two, so I can dub mix tapes, how cool is that?) and a multiple CD changer. For $50 more I could have had an iPod dock, but I've already got a little docking iPod player thingee. I'm still a little sad my Aiwa system died (well, it had a little help when Roland and I had to disassemble the CD player to get my CDs out). If anyone wants a nice sounding compact system with a broken tape deck and non working CD player for your garage or somethin', it's yours! It's very cute and sounds nice -- better than a boombox anyway, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment