3/31/09

Food, Glorious...Hey! This is Raw!

Just kidding. Lenore, Roland, Amy and I went out for sushi at our favorite joint to celebrate birthdays, so of course it had to be documented. I tend to not eat the actual raw genre of menu items, at least not knowingly. I suppose it's odd, but I like to document food when celebrating or traveling, and sushi is particularly photogenic. So without further ado...

Here is Roland's appetizer, Ika Maruyki, otherwise known as broiled squid.


I had my favorite (so far), Dragon Black, which is BBQ eel and who knows what else...I think there are scallops involved too.


This is Roland's Sakura (not to be confused with Shakira) with a side of 2 shrimp tempura sushi bombs (basically a sushi roll turned into a little rice cup -- they're awesome). I don't remember what was in this, other than the stuff on top had a hearty kick to it. Roland, if you remember, let us know in the comments.


Amy had Pink Panther, which seemed to involve smoked salmon and cream cheese and had a delightful texture.


Lenore had a custom chicken and vegetable teriyaki dish that got eaten before it could be photographed. I also had a maki roll with pumpkin in it (?!), which was delicious. For those who are local, the name of the restaurant is Kaminari, and it's in Lake in the Hills. Highly recommended!

And this concludes our epicurean adventure for now, thank you.

3 comments:

  1. If it had been Shakira, Tracy would have been on a plane and on his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it had spicy tuna over crab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got back to your blog - went on a shakira youtube venture - i've watched her body dance on stage in the past - she really can bust-a-move.

    ReplyDelete