Speaking of YouTube (weren't we?), thanks to Pat for telling me about this delightful little video series, "Depression Cooking with Clara." She's so cute! (Clara that is...though Pat's cute too.) Check out 93-year-old Clara's video series and enjoy the old timey kitchen too. All that's missing are some Perky Potholders...
I made this recipe featured here, except I threw in some small pieces of leftover corned beef. It was delish! I also made the breakfast cookies, because, well, it's COOKIES! For BREAKFAST! I added a little almond extract though. Apparently, I have problems following directions. At least that's what my report cards always said in grade school. Hey, can I help it if my way is better? No, I can't, Mr. 4th Grade Teacher, so don't be so bossy! (Thankfully, Mr. 4th Grade Teacher had a sense of humor when I said that to him.)
Unfortunately the crossing guard took you seriously when you said, "You're not the boss of me" at age, what, 5. But then you were being serious.
ReplyDeleteYes indeedy, I was totally serious that time. Stupid bossy crossing guard. I think I was about 7 or 8 during that episode.
ReplyDeletejust wait till you see my youtube videos when i'm in my 90's. my hair will be my natural color, just like clara's. i hate peas, guess i'd have starved in her home.
ReplyDelete