
Sorry for slacking off on updates. I’m still recovering from the Olympics ending. OK, not really. But I felt a little sad when they ended…I’m not sure why. I didn’t watch obsessively, but did get lucky enough to catch some of the historic moments such as the men’s relay team winning by a semi fraction of a second and Dara Torres missing out on the gold by an even smaller fraction of a second later on. I also caught much of the beach volleyball and the amazing diving competitions. I didn’t think it was possible to dive into the water and not make a splash, but that teeny tiny little Chinese diver proved it’s possible. I didn’t follow much of the analysis or outside news coverage, so maybe this has already been said, but…
Is it me, or is Bob Costas giving Dick Clark a run for his money in the “Peter Pan Award.”

The opening ceremony was truly stunning, the smiles on the drummers faces was a nice albeit dictated touch.
$44 BILLION??
I never got tired of watching Michael Phelps swim. Sounds like he had a tough childhood, so I don’t care what anyone says, I’m happy for him.
The marathon is still really boring to watch, and I don’t understand why they spent so much time covering it.

Of all the athletes, even the chiseled men’s gymnasts, at 41, Dara Torres is totally the hottest of them all. And FYI, I totally look like her in my bathing suit even though I'm even older than she is.
How come the women’s beach volleyball players wear what is basically skimpy underwear, while the men get to wear normal shorts and t-shirts? Don’t answer that, I know the answer, but it still disappoints me. I guess the same could be said for gymnastics too.
Speaking of volleyball, did anyone else notice the homoerotic embrace between Rogers and Dalhausser after they won the gold? Of course not. But it was almost identical to what was dubbed a much-publicized “hot lesbian embrace” when Misty May and Kerri Walsh won the gold in 2004. Whatever.

Why is men’s basketball an Olympic sport? Like we can’t watch that any other time during the year?
But the committee is pulling baseball and softball. Makes perfect sense.
Would it be so bad to go back to the old rules, where professional athletes are not allowed to compete? But then I guess you’d have to disqualify countries like Russia, China, et al. that “sponsor” their athletes from almost birth. Also, any country that shoots your family if you lose should also be kicked out. Only seems fair.
The alleged women on the Chinese gymnastics team look like they’re 7.

Medals ceremonies still make me get a little misty no matter how many I watch.
I agree about the marathon. Wasted space, and did you notice how miserable everyone looked while running? That's why I don't run long distances anymore. The only time I want to look like that is after a mean bowl of chili.
ReplyDeleteBob Costas is Peter Pan, and he speaks just like 'enri' taught him to.
ReplyDelete