6/10/08

Bicoastal Perkiness


Yes, Perky Potholders can be found from coast to coast now. Roland took this picture of Greg and Howard in L.A. with their Hollywood Halloween potholder. I think perhaps the picture doesn't do justice to how thrilled they are.


It was a fun weekend despite the ridiculous weather. Odie flew in for a quick visit, so between thunderstorms we enjoyed bike rides, Chicago Bandits pro softball games, grilling, and also a visit from Dawn and Cathy (also passing through from Florida on their way up north). In deference to the face blog, they brought us a really cool Stumpkin! (Lenore is holding it in the photo.) Check out the web site -- each one is different, so I need to take a better picture of ours.



Odie, Lenore and I went for a nice (albeit humid) bike ride to Algonquin to pick up Lenore's NEW BIKE (!!). As you can see, the frame geometry puts the pedals a little further forward, which gives you a different kind of ride -- kind of like being on a recumbent, but not really. At any rate, it's very comfortable and I am jealous.


Actually, I Rollerbladed there and Lenore rode my bike with the bike cart attached. Then I put my blades in the cart and rode my bike home so Lenore could ride her new bike. We just missed a downpour, which would have been tragic!

Hoops also had a busy weekend. I made a little movie of her power lounging, but it may be too much of an epic to post. I'll try later.


In other news, my basil plant already bit the dust, so I thought I should post this photo of my nifty plant stand (purchased at the farmer's market for a song) in case it's an epidemic. I was hoping to have a little herb garden on the porch, but I may have to stick to catnip, which I think Hoops was expecting anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I see Hoops is checking out the pots that smart and classy people gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free 3-minute test rides on the bike. 17.5 cents each additional minute.

    ReplyDelete