
My parents came over for a pasta making and eating party. Little did my mom know she'd be put to work. We had fun making the noodles and even more fun eating them.



My photographer thought it would be funny to pretend the dough was a big long tongue.

I also got my new table back, and it looks fabulous in the newly painted dining room. This was the $25 bargain found at the Hysterical Society garage sale. My cousin's husband happens to be handy with the woodworking, so he made me two leaves and refinished the table. Sweet! I like the way the legs look -- they have a definite show girl flair to them, don't you think?


I like the feet, even though one of the poor little feet is broken. It may be fixable. I've located a replacement cap on the Internet, just not sure how to splice it on there. Maybe raw pasta dough...


This view shows off the paint job better and also the painting I got at the Farmer's Market. It's a view in Carpentersville by the river. It was the IL Iron and Bolt company, now Otto Engineering. The couch is now gone -- I sold it to a co worker. I'll put the money toward some decent dining room chairs.

I also had my upstairs hall and bedroom painted. Been wanting to do that since I moved in, but never got around to it, so I finally hired my painter friend Bruce to do it for me (he also did the dining room). The professional touch certainly makes a difference. The picture I took of the bedroom is dumb, so I'll try and remember to take a better one.
I thought you were eating the pasta dough like one eats cake batter or cookie dough.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a pasta drying rack should go on your Christmas wish list.
ReplyDeleteGreat table!
i disagree w/ laura. i think your perky pasta drying rack is perfect. it's about as good as the kitchen chair we used when we made pasta w/ lorella at edisto. however, dining room table chairs could be on the christmas list. your table is perfect it's like the legs are an accent to the shapes of the pasta.
ReplyDelete