9/30/07

Welcome Home & Weekend Projects



Hoops finally got to come home! She was a little freaked out with the "remodeling" of her apartment and still seems a bit skittish of the basement. Can't say I blame her, there was some bad mojo goin' on down there. I may still need to perform an exorcism. Actually, she's probably just not sure what to do with such a clean boudoir -- given all the bleach I went through, it's probably the cleanest the basement has ever been. BUT I did find not one but two dead mice before Hoops returned, which was a little creepy. One appeared to have run into a corner and given up, the other was wedged between the faucets in the shower, which was just odd.

Anyway, Hoops is pictured here under one of the new valances I put up with Lenore's help on Sunday. I'm quite pleased with said valances, especially since they cost me about $.03. We went to Lake Geneva for a bi-annual rummage sale. It's $2/bag, and we usually find a bargain or two, such as the lifetime supply we both now own of iced tea spoons, linen napkins, and vintage kitchen stuff. This year I found these really cute valances, which were a perfect fit for my porch windows. And just in time for the remodeling too. Behold the before-after shots. I still need to paint the basement steps -- Lenore earned a Dairy Queen by scraping all the old adhesive off the steps for me. I think maybe I got the better end of the deal.




This is after the carpet was ripped out and a skim coat put on the floor.




All finished! I got the table cloth at the rummage sale too.




In other DYI news, I dyed a few shirts. The long sleeved one features a new color combo.

5 comments:

  1. the long sleeve one is my favorite. i like the brighter blue and less "fence-post" like feel. (hint hint)i am not sure what i'd do w/ all of the people i mesmerize w/ the swirly pattern tho. :-)
    great job on the house. it looks fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job on your porch! Hoops should be very happy to be living in such high style.

    And the pic of the week brightened up my gloomy Monday back-to-work morning. I can't help smiling when I see those little cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda you can get some work done around your house by mesmerizing people with the shirt. Hoops misses her carpets that she used to rearrange in a very un-high style way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Lynda, but you have to model it and send me a photo! :)

    ReplyDelete