Just then they came in sight of thirty or forty windmills that rise from that plain. And no sooner did Don Quixote see them that he said to his squire, "Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless."
"What giants?" asked Sancho Panza.
"Those you see over there," replied his master, "with their long arms. Some of them have arms well nigh two leagues in length."
"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills. Those things that seem to be their arms are sails which, when they are whirled around by the wind, turn the millstone." - Cervantes
An honest mistake.
My struggle was with iTunes, because first I couldn't play the file Lynda bought and sent to me, so then I tried to buy it, but bought the wrong flippin' song (who knew there were two songs with "windmill" in the title in Don Quixote?!). In my defense, the song I bought went nicely too...it's just called "Windmills" if you're interested in sampling it. Where was I? Oh, so then I bought the right song, but it downloaded as an MP4 file, which I couldn't use...several days go by... I bought it again from Amazon, because they sell MP3 files, but then I couldn't FIND the file on my computer. Grrrr. THEN, and only then, did I have the brilliant brain flash to burn the MP4 song I had to CD, then re save it to my computer, THEN import into movie maker. At any rate, here is the finished version. Thanks Lynda, for your patience! I hope to create your tie dyed prize this weekend! (Though I do have a rummage sale to attend...) Notice the shed and stately walnut tree in the background behind my windmill. Both shed and tree were destroyed in the big storm. :( My windmill suffered a face plant and a bent leg, but survived the onslaught.
Here's a fun little clip from an old black and white movie about DQ.
Coming soon, the German-American Breakfast, documented; another visit with Paula Poundstone; Weekend in Wilton, new flooring...too much to blog and not enough time.
No comments:
Post a Comment