9/9/07

At Long Last



Lenore had her final IP chemo treatment on Friday!! I'm writing this on Sunday night, so she's still battling waves of stomach cramps and feeling pukey, but a celebration will be forthcoming. I know she's feeling bad when she turns down offers to bring her Starbucks or a cheeseburger from Diamond Jim's. The day after seems to be the worst as her body works to absorb 2 liters of fluid. Friday after we got back from her treatment, however, little miss overachiever decided she'd help me haul paneling, drywall, and junk from the shed across the street to the dumpster. Then she helped my neighbor do the same. She said it kept her mind off of how she felt. I'd have gone for drugs or maybe a stiff drink, but that's just me.

Here's Abby hooking up Lenore to her bag-o-chemicals. Lenore enjoyed a horizontal picnic while waiting for the fluids to drip, drip, drip into her belly.





Is it me, or does it seem like they're having way too much fun? What exactly is really in those bags? Gin?



Dr. Lestingi, Lenore's oncologist, brought a med student by to see the IP port in action, and, it turns out, to take our picture! Nicely done, don't you think?



We noticed some people donated money to have exam rooms and the like named after them. Unfortunately, all we can afford right now is maybe a paper towel holder (but a nice one!) and also a box of bendy straws, because for all the medical technology present, they don't have any bendy straws! How can patients have a fulfilling medical experience without bendy straws? Jeeze.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures. Abby looks as cheery as ever.

    That horizontal picnic pic looks very appealing. Maybe I'll start horizontal dining on a regular basis. I am already a couch potato and I am pretty sure we have a stash of bendy straws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bendy straws are a great invention. Abby and Dr. Lestingi took excellent care of me along family and friends - thus the great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you have everything you need to enjoy horizontal picnics! Well, someone to wait on you helps. A house elf or maybe Joe?

    ReplyDelete