Merri and I went mushroom hunting last weekend, but only found one sad little morel that had seen better days; the prior weekend, I found quite a few more, and they were SO delicious! Lenore tried not to gag as I was cooking them -- not a big fan of mushrooms, that Lenore. We found lots of other mushroom growth, but opted not to sample. Here's just one example of some we did not eat.
After fungus hunting, we decided to check out the native wildflowers in one of my favorite little pockets of wonder, Trout Park Nature Preserve. I promised I'd post this picture of me trying to capture the blooming May Apples.

I was moderately successful. The May Apple colonies at Trout Park are hundreds of years old. I look forward to wandering through this place every spring.




Here are a couple more natives: Jack in the pulpit and red trillium.


I liked the way these were all lined up.
Pretty flower pictures. No comment on the mushrooms...
ReplyDeletesniff, sniff.
ReplyDeleteAnd you didn't even invite me...