12/20/11

Potholder Activity



I posted a holiday offer in my employee newsletter and on Facebook for a free Perky Potholder with every cookbook purchase, so the sweat shop has been BUSY. I guess enough people have been retiring that I've got a new customer base at work. Sweet! Here are a few of the creations that came off the loom. I actually had to order more loops! Thankfully, Amazon's got 'em with free shipping.

I kind of like this color combo...

This was one I made for a fellow Dundee High grad, so it's our school colors.

I made this for my favorite Chinese co-worker, who likes blue. Just blue, no other colors, don't even ask.

I like this pattern, though it doesn't always work with certain colors. I think this one is OK though.



I wasn't thrilled with this one, but the person who picked it out seemed to like it.

The photo doesn't really do the shades of salmon and green justice here. I thought it was kind of yummy.

I liked how this one turned out too. It's now in a new happy home.

Another tribute to the Miami Dolphins...

This one is kind of springy, but they can't all be seasonally appropriate, right?

I thought this pattern would be a great idea, but I'm not so thrilled with it.

Every bag of loops comes with a buttload of bubblegum PINK, which I don't really like, so this was an attempt to use a bunch up.

Old school potholders made with vintage loops that someone at work gave me. Sometimes it's fun to make these technicolor dreamcoat potholders -- they're kind of fugly. Also, I really need to get my floors refinished.

In other domestic news, I'm still a little sad about the weather. Here's my forlorn garden and the shed inhabitants all tucked away, yet do we have snow to play in? No.






I know I may have to eat my words (I'm not crazy about driving in the stuff), but it's WINTER, and I have NEW SKIS that I never got to try out last year. C'mon!

Thankfully, Beth's ping pong table has provided a slight distraction. If Odie gets home for Xmas, maybe we'll have another tournament. We had one last weekend, and Roland dominated the table. I did manage to win a couple games, but it was pretty pathetic.

As far as holiday prep, the tree is up (but it's lame, so I won't bother posting a photo), and I'm pretty much done Xmas shopping (thank you, Internet). But then I keep hearing about foster kids and sick families at work, and it makes me want to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment