11/5/10

Fall Is In The Air


Turning back the clock a little (in honor of this weekend's clock setting back thing*, which, for the record, I hate, because it means it's dark when I leave work; though right now it's dark when I get up, and that kind of sucks too, but the actual setting back is OK, because that means my wall clock will now be on the correct time again, much to Lenore's delight and my indifference), Lenore and my dad helped me put together my fabulous birthday swing. Roland stopped by to help too. I love it!





Ta Da!



Here's what happened to the old one. I thought maybe someone could use it, or I could donate it to the riverfront, but it was kind of falling apart. Dad let me use his chainsaw to hack it up, with the following safety advice: "Now don't cut your foot off or anything!"



*Facebook quote of the day, "Why do we have to set our clocks back on Sunday when we just set our entire country back on Tuesday?"


We also took advantage of the lovely weather with an invigorating hike through Marengo Ridge Natural Area.





I think these are puffball mushrooms? I hear they are delicious, but we didn't sample them.



Baby oak trees crack me up.



This seems like as good a time as any to post the last home grown nosegay.



The next one may be a bunch of Swiss chard and sage, cuz that's about all that's left in the garden. Sad.

Other random pictures/thoughts.

We had a picnic by the river and saw two of our friends paddle by in kayaks.



I like this tattoo. This gal took third in a cyclocross bike race that was held recently in Carpenter Park. She also had Christmas lights and cartoon character tattoos. Interesting.



Aren't these marshmallows HUGE?!

No comments:

Post a Comment