
Alert readers may recall the sweet snail fountain my dad made for Lenore's birdbath. Unfortunately, Mr. Snail met an untimely death by raccoon and ended up in many, many pieces. It was so sad. We found most of the bits (except for the eyeballs!), and, unlike all the king's horses and all the king's men (inept!), I glued him back together again. Now he's a little uneven about the shell, but seems happy enough. I made some new eyeballs out of some clay from the ceramics class, and the teacher did not bat an eye when I asked him if he could fire my snail eyeballs in the kiln. A little paint, a little varnish, good as new.


Speaking of birdbaths, I got a cute cement pond for the birds at the farmer's market for 22 bucks! Score! I'm not sure if I'll leave the turtle on there or not. I'm in the market for a cement statue of some kind, but the turtle will do for now.


Piglet would fit on there nicely, but I like him with Pooh in the herb garden.

The rock garden is still relatively tame, as is what I call "the wild side" of the yard. I know both areas will be completely out of hand within a month though. But it's a happy place for all manner of insects, so I'm gonna let it be.


Here's the last of the party flowers.

Tomorrow Sam the cat and I will be driving to work together. Since he likes to swing, I'm hoping a car ride will be no big deal. His new mom and dad will pick him up and hopefully live happily ever after. I'm going to miss him visiting me for snuggles. I asked Hoops why she couldn't be more affectionate, and she was all, "Shouldn't you be fetching me a treat, human?"
This weekend it's all about karma. I'm volunteering at a golf outing (even though I think golf is dumb), and Lenore and I are staffing a rest stop with Bill and Joules during the annual Pedal Across the Prairie bike ride. We get paid in pasta and granola bars, PLUS a turtle t-shirt.
Funny quote of the day:
"I love finding new restaurants and drinking a little vodka."
-- Health and Human Performance instructor on proposing we do lunch. I'm totally up for it.
Your yard is looking quite nice! I am happy Sam the cat found a home. He looks very stately and sweet.
ReplyDelete