I almost forgot about my cherry bounce infusing away down in my pseudo wine cellar/dungeon! This (below) is actually some hasty documentation of the sticky dark goodness of wild raspberry bounce, made with raspberries Lenore and I picked along the bike trail. I took about 95 pictures with various settings in an attempt to get the delicious dark ruby color, but the stuff just looks like tar in every photo. I think I like the flavor of the cherry bounce better, but this is pretty good. After several shot glasses, it's fantastic! The vodka-soaked raspberries are great on one's morning cereal too. (hic) I'll probably strain and bottle the cherry bounce this weekend.

Also in the "need to document" file is a trek through the snow with Laura to view xmas lights. We bundled her up good, no?

And here's Todd, one of my Perky Potholder Pumpkin Carving winners putting his PP to good use making soft pretzels. Mmmm. Todd and Joules were the onliest ones who sent me potholder photos (sigh).
I should note that Todd also wins the suck-up prize, for this is what he sent me upon learning of his win:
"Thank you from the bottom of my heart Paula. This is really incredible news! It was an honor just to participate in this contest, but winning a potholder was beyond my wildest dreams.
I fully expect that having a Perky Potholder will bring me such good fortune that I’ll be able to retire within the next few months and sit around the house baking my specialty… German Soft Pretzels. I’d be honored to make a dozen of them for you, in return for this gracious prize!"
I need to cash in on that.
And this? Lenore is to blame. I was all ready to hit the water slides at The Wilderness Water park. Amazing how all the ankle biters veered away from me, I can't imagine why.

P.S. Current temperature: 9. As in 9 degrees.
What's your superhero name? Water Babe? And remember, don't wear a cape!
ReplyDeletethere will be bounce on Edisto??? man i wish we could have it for our christmas eve-eve shenanigans! can just imagine the judges abilities after a shot or 2 of that on their pound cake (kidding sandy).
ReplyDelete