
One of Lenore's hospital visitors came in her Italian ice cup.
Lenore came through her liver angiogram and the RFA very well, and should be coming home today. The doctor said he was able to "cook" 90-95% of the tumor, and there's a chance he could go in later and fry some more when Lenore has her other surgery on the 30th to take the alien being out of her abdomen. Aside from a couple of nasty burns on her legs from the electrodes (no extra charge for that, thanks), she's feeling pretty good and will come home today. She's already clocked in about 12 laps around the hospital floor. Someone told her it’s four laps to a mile. I’m not sure how many extra calories you burn lugging an IV pole and a bag of pee, but I’m sure it’s considerable. Chemo won't start 'til after xmas, which bodes well for her travel plans.
Shout out, too, to our dragon boat Lynda, who's also getting back on the chemo train starting today. Cancer sucks -- how much more of an understatement can that be? Internet hugs to both of these brave gals, with an extra sprinkling of electrons on top.
In other news (before all this hospital stuff), I cashed in on my birthday dragon from Roland and Amy, only when we got to the restaurant it was CLOSED. Luckily Joules was there to suggest we try the new (to us anyway) Thai place in Algonquin that also has sushi, so we did, and it was splendid. I did not try their dragon, though, because I wanted to also sample the Tom Kha Gai soup (delish) and the ginger dressing, which every sushi place seems to serve on their salads (also good, but not as good as Kaminari or Bistro Wasabi). So I got something that was similar to a dragon, but not as fancy or pricey.


This is Lenore's -- we all liked the scallopy dishes.

Amy got duck in a curry sauce, and it was HOT.

Everyone did a fine job of documenting their food, but only Roland and Amy consented to action eating shots. Well, Joules did kind of since there's actual food in her chopsticks. Lenore consented not to hide under the table, so that was a success as well.



Also, I need to post these pictures of a spooky house in my 'hood, because I made Lenore stop the car and wait for me to get just the right shot, which didn't turn out so great anyway. The guy who lives there came out of his house while I was photographing it, which was just a little awkward, but then I offered to e-mail him the photos and he was good with it. Anyway, I thought this thing, whatever it is, on the side of the house was superbly creepy (plus I like the shadows) and all the lights and mist in the yard were well done too.


Speaking of mist...Lenore found this picture of me taken in D.C. It's very superhero-ie and mysterious. Maybe I'll use it for Facebook.

And speaking of photos...co worker Jesse showed me a really easy way to stitch photos together, so here are a couple of pano attempts from Lake Lure.

thanks for the blog shout out :-)
ReplyDelete1 down, who knows how many to go? - i'll be treatment free the week of Christmas, so will have my christmas competition ornament ready at Edisto. The food looked good - I'm more in a bland oatmeal phase of life at the moment, but can still appreciate a photo of a good meal and obviously a good time.